From: Stefan Engelhardt (HBT) <stefan.engelha...@hbt.de>
To: Juan Marín Otero <juan.marin.ot...@gmail.com>; Meichun Li
<pcloudy2...@yahoo.com>
Cc: Geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2013 9:26 AM
Subject: RE: [bulk]: Re: [Geoserver-users] Problem with GeoServer Web Archive
Installation in Tomcat

Hi,
we are running many applications with java virtual machines, tomcat and others.
Perhaps your heap space is not big enough so the virtual machine has to do much
garbage collection, which is enormous time consuming if it is small enough. In
some applications we had factor 20 up to 100 higher computing times because the
garbage collection was working all the time. The problem is, that java is doing
a dynamical configuration depending on the system, for example 32 or 64 bit.

Hope that I wrote just correct facts, but if I am not right in all details, I
think that this could be a good point to start searching. Try do add –Xmx and
other options as described in the documentation:

http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/production/container.html

I am interested in every case if this would help you or not.

Cheers
Stefan