Hi,

I would like to use GWC for caching an external WMS service which must be
connected through our company proxy.  I have tried to edit the
catalina.properties file in Tomcat 6.0_36 by addind these lines to the end of
the file.
http.proxyHost=ourProxyURL
http.proxyPort=ourProxyPort

However, GWC does not make connection. GeoWebcache version is 1.4-Snapshot from
a month ago.
Is editing catalina.properties principally the right thing to do?

Geowebcache.xml has configuration option for http username and password as
<httpUsername> and <httpPassword>.  It would be handy  if proxy settings could
also be configured in the same file.

I could make the system work by installing Mapserver WMS as a proxy between the
remote WMS and GWC, but it is one component too much and it also hides error
messages coming from the primary WMS server. This leads to storing white tiles
into the GWC cache directory and they are hard to find and reseed.

-Jukka Rahkonen-