Hi guys,

A while ago I was using REST to allow a layer to use any style. To do this
I was retrieving the XML for all styles from:

http://localhost:8080/geoserver/rest/styles.xml

I was then wrapping this XML like:

<layer><!-- styles xml--></layer>

and PUTting it to:

http://localhost:8080/geoserver/rest/layers/mylayer.xml

However this no longer works. Instead of setting the layers styles to the
given styles, it get's given a single null style. For example, if I
navigate to:

http://localhost:8080/geoserver/rest/layers/mylayer.html

It displays the styles as:

Available styles: [null]

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Jon