The error message:
    No bean named 'catalog2' is defined

is referencing a Spring bean, essentially a developer-facing concept.
 (Spring beans are used to "glue" the different modules of GeoServer
together into one application.)  I think that catalog2 should be
unnecessary for GeoServer's proper operation, so your error message is
rather unexpected.  Are you using any extensions to GeoServer?

--
David Winslow
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/