On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 11:39 AM, Paul Meems <bontepaar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In the release notes of GeoServer 2.2.4 I read
> *Imageio-ext was upgraded to version 1.1.6*
> Does this mean we don't need to do these steps anymore:
>
> http://docs.geoserver.org/2.1.x/en/user/production/java.html#install-native-jai-and-jai-image-i-o-extensions

Nope, it's unrelated. JAI and JAI imageio are the base libraries,
Imageio-EXT builds on top of JAI ImageIO
and provides support for reading more formats, as well BigTIFF support, by
binding to more native
libraries (e..g, Kakadu for JPEG200, MrSid, ECW, and so on).

Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for more
information.

@geowolf
Technical Lead