Hello everybody! Solved it... =)

I know that WPS is a standard to process "OGC-like" (geographic) data, but
actually, you can register any kind of process in WPS.

So, I was looking at Geoserver src and I found the
GeoServerDigestPasswordEncoder class.

I implemented a WPS that receives the user data (username, password, and
other stuff) to insert them in the users table created by geoserver (user
group service with JDBC).
I've added custom columns in this table to fit my user data.

To encode the password, was easy inside WPS:

GeoServerDigestPasswordEncoder digest = newGeoServerDigestPasswordEncoder();

(I've built wps src from geoserver src and loaded wps-core project in
eclipse).

Now, my app just sends data to the process and it registers a new user...
After setting the flag enabled = Y, I logged in geoserver with no
problems...

If anyone is interested, I can share the full src of WPS.

Maybe it's not the best solution, but it's the one I've found.

Regards,

Rodrigo C. Antonialli
Rio Claro - SP - Brasil
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/rcaprofile