We have started the transition from 2.3.x being the development branch
(master) to 2.3.x being stable (hence the beta1). The latest nightlies
for 2.3.x can be found in:
http://gridlock.opengeo.org/geoserver/2.3.x/

I think this is the resource you are looking for:
http://gridlock.opengeo.org/geoserver/2.3.x/community-latest/geoserver-2.3-SNAPSHOT-jdbcconfig-plugin.zip

This is not exactly the same as for 2.3-beta1, but it should be close
enough for testing/

I could not find documentation.

Kind regards,
Ben.