Your geoserver log file shows that the srsName is 4326 but the filter is
clearly in a projected system. I would have to say that my codes for
doing this are a whole lot more complicated and part of that
complication is projecting vector selection polygons into the projection
of the native layer before doing the filter. Unfortunately, this logic
is dependent on the server. Mapserver recognizes epsg in the filter;
geoserver doesnt. I found it easiest to just reproject to server epsg on
the client.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.