Thanks for the replies both.
I wasn't aware the GWC tiles could be placed elsewhere; I'll have to
investigate that.
We don't actually have anything in our /data directory and the content of
/coverages can be placed anywhere.

I think what I'll end up doing is segregating the remaining data from the
configuration files and then backing up the configs daily using something
like Christian's script.
Cheers,
Jonathan

____

> Dr Christian Maul
> Project Manager
>
> Information Services Branch
> Department of Sustainability and Environment
> Level13, Marland House, 570 Bourke Street
> Melbourne 3000
>
> PO Box 500, East Melbourne Vic 3002
>

> Telephone:        +61-3-8636 2325
> Telefax:              +61-3-8636 2813

This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may contain
sensitive or protectively marked material up to RESTRICTED and should be
handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to
receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to
anyone else. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the
sender immediately. All email traffic sent to or from us,  including without
limitation all GCSX traffic, may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in
accordance with relevant legislation.