From: dany.geoto...@gmail.com [mailto:dany.geoto...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
Daniele Romagnoli
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2013 3:11 AM
To: gw...@glc.org
Cc: geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Geoserver-users] Serving Raster using GDAL with GeoServer

Hi Guan,
can you try extracting all the GDAL related .so (*jni.so and *.so core libs)
on your jre/lib/amd64 folder and see if things are working better?

Please, let me know.
Best Regards,
Daniele

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 7:37 PM, Guan Wang <gw...@glc.org> wrote:

Hi,

I have trouble to serve raster through GDAL extension with GeoServer. I
tried the same raster with ERDAS img and ArcGrid formats. Both of them were
displayed correctly in ArcMap and can be gdalinfo on the server hosting
GeoServer. However, neither of them worked with GeoServer. Adding them to
GeoServer stores always cause problems.

OS: CentOS 5

JRE: 6.0_39-b04

Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM

Application Server: Tomcat 6 with APR

GeoServer: 2.2.4 with GDAL extension

GDAL: 1.9.2 libgdaljni*.so was copied to APR lib folder so Tomcat can see
them

Checking Tomcat log: Feb 19, 2013 11:29:35 AM
it.geosolutions.imageio.gdalframework.GDALUtilities loadGDAL

         INFO: GDAL Native Library loaded (version: 1.9.2)

It appears GDAL extension was loaded correctly and all "GDAL format" show up
on GUI. If ERDAS image was given, a Java Runtime Error (SIGSEGV, write to
invalid address probably) will occur in JVM and Tomcat will be restarted.
Trackback to Java Frame, what on top is:

org.gdal.gdal.gdalJNI.MajorObject_GetMetadata_List__SWIG_0(JLorg/gdal/gdal/M
ajorObject;Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/util/Vector;+0

If dataset folder for AIG is given, GeoServer can't pick it up. So, hdr.adf
in the folder was fed to Geoserver, the same error above will happen again.

I wonder if there is anything I missed? Should I just use the binary along
with the gdal extension instead? That doesn't sound nice.

Thanks a lot!

Guan

Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for more
information.