Hi List,
I came across this blog post -
http://geo-solutions.blogspot.it/2012/05/tips-tricks-geowebcache-tweaks.html -
detailing how to change HTTP Caching Headers for GWC responses.

The problem is, its not clear what file I need to edit to put my
<expireClientsList> into. After a bit of searching I decided to stick it
into %GWC_CACHE_DIR%\geowebcache.xml:

  <layers>
  <!--HTTP Cache tiles - 30 days until expiry for mastermap scale-->
  <!--100 days for others-->
<expireClientsList>
 <expirationRule minZoom="0" expiration="8640000" />
<expirationRule minZoom="10" expiration="2592000" />
 </expireClientsList>
  </layers>

Problem is, this breaks GeoServer horrifically (tons of error messages at
startup, and then any and all GeoServer requests, including to the admin
page, give a 404 when its running). I'm surprised how badly GeoServer
breaks actually.

So short version: how do I implement this in the GeoServer integrated GWC?

Thanks,
Jonathan

--
This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may
contain sensitive or protectively marked material up to RESTRICTED and