I'm sorry but I'm just not getting this. I created a new maven project, added
the Geotools references (9.3) and created a function class similar to this:

https://github.com/geotools/geotools/blob/master/modules/library/main/src/main/java/org/geotools/filter/function/string/ConcatenateFunction.java

The code compiles fine. I then dropped the jar in a new META-INF folder
under the webapps/geoserver folder. It doesn't show up in any WFS
GetCapabilities calls for the sample layers.

- Does my jar need to go into a subfolder under META-INF ?
- There is a mention of a text file in the geotools factory tutorial that
goes under META-INF/services, but I don't see it. Does that need to be
created ?

Thanks