On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Jakob Ventin <jven...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I have two questions:
>
> 1) When using LineSymbolizer to style a line, it draws a straight line
> between two (and more) points. Is there a way to make the line between
> points to be smoother? When drawing e.g. contours, road lines or boarders
> this would be a nice option. Please look at the contours in the attached
> image, on left side is what I mean by "smoother" and on right hand side
> what
> I get out of GeoServer.
>
> <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5071055/contours.png>

We'd need a smoothing geometry transformation, something that we do not
have,
but we have a pluggable extension point where that code could be hooked
(so the difficulty is only in how sophisticated the smoothing algorithm
should be).

> 2) Could someone confirm, that <PerpendicularOffset> is not suitable for
> labeling roads in a manner to get the label to follow the road on top of
> it?

followLine and perpendicularOffset do not mix, as we don't have a reliable
routing to compute line offsets (which is a hard problem to solve right)

Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for more
information.

@geowolf
Technical Lead