On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 7:28 PM, Mike Grogan <d.michael.gro...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Can anyone point me to the point in the source where these queries are
> made to determine the times for the time dimensions for WMS GetCapabilities
> and postgis stores?  The problem described in my earlier post continues to
> perplex me ... and I can't find the location in the source to look for
> myself.  I have tried!

GeoServer code almost never knows about the nature of the underlying
storage, it uses the GeoTools API
to access data, in this case, it's using a UniqueVisitor if possible (or a
min/max one depending on the representation type):

https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/blob/master/src/wms/src/main/java/org/geoserver/wms/WMS.java#L947

This in turn should lead to the encoding of a aggregate function here:

https://github.com/geotools/geotools/blob/master/modules/library/jdbc/src/main/java/org/geotools/jdbc/JDBCDataStore.java#L1279

However, there might be some hiccups in the intermediary classes between
the first and the second code bits,
maybe a wrapper that does reprojection, crs forcing or something like that
misses the appropriate delegation.
Which is actually something Justin (cc'ed) tried to fix some time ago, but
not sure in which branch that work landed?
It might be that 2.4 beta does not exhibit this problem anymore.

Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for more
information.

@geowolf
Technical Lead