Hi,
This blog post by Simone explains how they did it for very high
availability:
http://geo-solutions.blogspot.it/2012/08/real-world-uses-cases-troubleshooting.html

This also may be of interest -
http://suite.opengeo.org/opengeo-docs/sysadmin/production/availability.html

Jonathan

On 12 August 2013 08:14, Hakala Oiva (MTT) <oiva.hak...@mtt.fi> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am not an advanced Geoserver user, but I have managed to use 2 Geoserver
> instances, but that is not any limit. I used Iacovella - Younblood
> "Geoserver's Beginners Guide" to configure a simple Geoserver cluster. I
> also use one PostGis instance. Using more Postgis instances may not be so
> easy. I think more than one database servers are needed, and every server
> needs a Geoserver store of it's own.
>
> Oiva Hakala
> Agrifood Research Finland

This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may
contain sensitive or protectively marked material up to RESTRICTED and
should be handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or
authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or
disclose it to anyone else. If you have received this transmission in error
please notify the sender immediately. All email traffic sent to or from us,
including without limitation all GCSX traffic, may be subject to recording
and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.