Hi guys,

I'm interested to know whether either of you came up with any further leads on this issue. I'm experiencing a similar thing, using version 2.3.5.

My instance of GeoServer is primarily used to serve tiles of weather-related GeoTIFF (relatively small in size) layers which are created and aged dynamically using the REST API. Authentication is required (implemented using "data security" rules on workspaces) and is provided with each request by means of HTTP header proxy authentication.

Under light to moderate load GeoServer operates normally for anywhere between minutes and hours before OGC service requests suddenly hang, despite the Tomcat being responsive to other requests.

A thread dump shows many threads in the WAITING state stemming from org.geoserver.security.auth.LRUAuthenticationCacheImpl.

Regards,
Andrew