Hi Andrea,

I think there would be a use case. If you tile a layer you would do it for a
number of reasons: it is frequently called, you want to speed up your server
and/or want to relieve the database server or - which would be the most
common reason - you want to provide a basemap. In that case you want to
check the style in conjunction with others until you are satisfied that they
work together. Or, if you have a data custodian model like we have and the
custodian says I want the feature green you would need to convince him/her
that it isn't a good idea because something else is already green on the map
and might be mixed up with his feature. In that case you would want or need
to wait until this check is done.

Good enough reason?

Cheers

Christian

-----

Dr Christian Maul
Project Manager

Information Services Branch
Department Environment and Primary Industries
Level13, Marland House, 570 Bourke Street
Melbourne 3000

PO Box 500, East Melbourne Vic 3002

Telephone:        +61-3-8636 2325
Telefax:              +61-3-8636 2813