As far as I remember there should be an issue in that GeoServer version
with the Contour rendering transformation which is fixed on 2.4.x version.

I'm not completely sure, have to verify, but in the meantime you may want
to test the latest GeoServer version to see if it's working fine.

-A.

==
Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for
more information.