Hi,

I installed a new 2.4.1 and Oracle datastore, created a new store from Oracle
(Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.2.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options)
and created a new featuretype.  WFS output is sending dates as  "2012-11-27Z"
so for me Geoserver 2.4.1 works as the old version used to work for you.

By the way, I was not sure about the date with timezone but after some reading
the format 2012-11-27Z seems to OK and mean the first second of a day in UTC
time.

So this issue does not seem to be a general bug in Geoserver because it does
not affect all installations. There must be something in your system or data
that is not the most typical.

You can, if you wish, fix the date output in few minutes by creating a view and
selecting the date from Oracle into text. That is also a way to get rid of the
Z you had before it you do not like it. Here are some examples:

Default date output format on console with Finnish settings
SQL> select sysdate as original from dual;

ORIGINAL
----------
29.10.2013

This SQL you can use in your view
SQL> select to_char(sysdate,'YYYY-MM-DD') as ISO from dual;

ISO
----------
2013-10-29

Or then this SQL if you want to maintain the Z
SQL> select to_char(sysdate,'YYYY-MM-DD')||'Z' as ISOZ from dual;

ISOZ
2013-10-29Z

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Chamberland, Martin wrote:

Hi there,

Anyone find a fix or why we receive date "1969-12-31" when we access Oracle
database from Geoserver 2.4.1 ?
Is my explanation not enough clear ?