Is it possible to have a stacktrace from the GeoServer log? Also before
trying again, rise up the logging level to DEBUG.

Also, currently there is an open issue with REST delete command
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOS-6199 , I don't think this is the case,
but maybe the two problems are related.

Please, try again and attach the stack trace to this thread so we can have
a look at the origin of the exception.

Thanks,
Alessio.

==