Hi,
 probably you may:
0. be sure that you are caching tiles on the client side (this should be
transparent using get requests)
1. start caching data on the server side:
http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/geowebcache/using.html
2. optimize datasources (optimizing rasters, simplifying geometries, etc)
3. optimize queries (using tiling, using png8, etc)
4. clusterize geoservers

If you need more details, please post some of the query you are using.
Cheers,
Carlo

2014-01-27 Vikram Santhanam <vikraman....@gmail.com>

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>              How to handle requests for Geoserver and make the geoserver
> to work faster. I am using layer switcher. For each layer it is taking more
> requests. how to control that. ?
>
> *Regards,*
>
>  *S. Thiruvikraman M.Sc.,*
>
> *Ph: +919746149212 <%2B919746149212> , +919003419957 <%2B919003419957> *
>
> * <https://www.facebook.com/vikramgeek>
> <http://www.linkedin.com/in/vikramangis> *

Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for more
information.