Hi Jerome,

Which web container are you using to run geoserver?
googoling "wrapper.conf" I found this -> http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.com
I have no experience with that kind of products anyway I'll try to answer
to your question:

According to the documentation here
http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.com/doc/english/props-example-config.html
the settings wrapper.java.initmemory and wrapper.java.maxmemory seems the
same thing as the typical java switches  -Xmx -Xms with a more friendly
name.

So if in your configuration wrapper.java.maxmemory overwrites the  Xms value,
your maximum heap size (the memory used to allocates the objects state) is
128MB.
Of course the amount of memory needed by a production geoserver instances
depends on many factors but speaking generally 128MB are not so much, 512MB
can be a good starting value to profile your geoserver installation.

Can you try to use just one of the two couple of values (you can assign 512
both on initial and maximum size) and see what's happens?

Regards,
Damiano

Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for more
information.