On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 11:47 AM, Miguel Suarez Xavier Penteado <
miguel_pente...@ig.com.br> wrote:

>  Hello Wilhelm
>
> Me too this problem occurs when I try to load rasters to build a pyramid using
> the JDBC plugin image mosaic.
> Using Postgres + PostGIS 9.3.
>
> It seems that the plugin selects the entire contents of rasters base of
> the pyramid 0 when you try to calculate the resolution mosaic base 0, when
> mounting the pyramid. For example, if your mosaic base is made of 0 and
> sum 50G tiffs, you'd have to have a java HEAP 50GB at least in the case of
> using JDBC with postgres ...

Is this happening when using GetFeatureInfo only? The request
GetFeatureInfo makes against
a raster data set is pretty small, 5x5 pixels, maybe the JDBC mosaic plugin
is not good at extracting
only the part actually requested from the overall dataset. Or maybe level 0
has giant tiles?
Not sure, have little/no experience with the JDBC raster pyramid plugin.

== Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for
more information ==

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf