On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 6:42 AM, Kay F. Jahnke <k_...@web.de> wrote:

> Hi group!
>
> I have a problem with geoserver's rendering of halos and icons, as can
> be seen in this enlarged screenshot of the WMS output:
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/a226o6yb01flu9n/geoserver_icon_problem2.png

About the icon, the issue is probably this one, you'll have to upgrade to
GeoServer 2.5-RC1 to have a fix for it:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOS-6248

The fix affects how each map using symbols gets displayed, and it's not
clear if the new behavior will suit everybody, so I'm not going to backport
this change on the 2.4.x series (not as is at least, a backport controlled
by a system variable, having the adjustment off by default, would be ok
instead).

About the halo and label centering, could you open a bug report?
We have a label painting mode that should improve this (probably
at the price of a higher rendering cost and lower label quality), but it's
not exposed as a configuration

== Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for
more information ==

Ing. Andrea Aime