Bob,

Do you define the projection and the styling for the layer in the web
administration interface when you published the layer?

Jerome Wendell

From: Bistrais, Bob [mailto:bob.bistr...@maine.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 12:29 PM
To: geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Geoserver-users] Line shapefile publishes as polygon

I have a shapefile that is line features which I am trying to publish in
GeoServer (2.4).  When I publish it, two strange things occur-

I get the message that it cannot determine the projection, even though there
is a .prj file for it.  That's no problem since I can select that manually.

The real problem is that GeoServer publishes the shapefile as polygon
features.  In addition, I cannot see it on screen or style it, but it is
still listed as a valid layer.

How do I correct this?