Hi,

does anybody here know if transparency should work with animated gif
output on WMS requests (in combi with time or elevation)?

I'm able to receive animated gif's but they always have a background,
whatever combi of transparent/bgcolor I try.

I've tried to look into source code of geoserver, but there is a lot of
advanced imaging stuff there, of which I'm not sure which code is
reached and which not. I found some lines from which I conclude that it
should be possible:

https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/blob/master/src/wms/src/main/java/org/geoserver/wms/map/GIFMapResponse.java#L95

any help or hints are appreciated

Regards,