Diego,

is apache connected to tomcat using AJP? That is do you have some apache
setting like this?:

ProxyPreserveHost On
ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPass /geoserver ajp://localhost:8009/geoserver
ProxyPassReverse /geoserver https://example.org/geoserver

Have you told GeoServer what its externally visible address is by
setting its Proxy Base URL to, for example:
https://example.org/geoserver
?

If not, some content like openlayers will be at
http://example.org:8080/geoserver and thus insecure (they are being
accessed directly through tomcat). Please block port 8080 in your server
firewall to be sure.

What are the insecure pages? In Firefox, Ctrl-I will show you page
information and the media tab may help you to locate insecure resources.

Kind regards,
Ben.

On 16/05/14 13:39, Diego M. wrote:
> GeoServer is running on tomcat and my website is running on apache on the
> same server. SSL is already configured on apache but i get the message that
> says i have insecure content which i thought they were GeoServer layers. so
> now I'm trying to enable SSL for GeoServer but still not sure what's the
> best approach to do that.

Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au>
Software Engineer
Australian Resources Research Centre