I notice that the IsEqualsToImpl does make allowances for NaN:

return (fp1 == fp2) || (Double.isNaN(fp1) && Double.isNaN(fp2));

See
https://github.com/geotools/geotools/blob/master/modules/library/main/src/main/java/org/geotools/filter/IsEqualsToImpl.java#L126

However I cannot see any test case showing how to make Double.NaN
in NumericConverterFactoryTest (which is responsible for turning strings
into numbers if required).

Sounds like you may have a bug report to make, for now try using an else
rule to render anything that falls through the cracks.
--
Jody

Jody Garnett