Hi

I'm stuck.

How do you get a list of layer resource objects that unpublished? catalog.py
provides get_layers and get_resources that return layers that are published but
not the unpublished layers in a datastore.

I could list all the layers (publish and unpublished) in a datastore through
geoserver interface but wms/wfs/wcs and even rest does not

The wms/wfs/wcs services can return layer information in xml but still no
layers that are unpublished. I could understand why that is in this case since
it is publish facing but I don't know why REST services have this problem as
well.

I have searched a lot of forum with no luck.

Did anyone manage to find a solution for this?

I've been using geoserver with python extension gsconfig library for a while
now. Almost everything works as it should be. While there are little things
like publish raster images are problematic, there is still workaround that
isn't written into the catalog.py class.

But there is this problem and I have no idea how to get around.

ps.
my apologies for a confusing post earlier. I was careful and wrote published
instead of unpublished.. twice.. sorry