Hi,

I have been running loads of small Truncate tasks for GWC cache and tasks start
to execute and sooner or later they disappear. Everything seemed fine but after
checking some feedback from the customers I discovered that truncate does not
actually always truncate but at least some of the old tiles remain in the
cache. Reseeding seems to be reliable but it is much slower and at current
server load we could very well live without pre-seeding.

Does anyone know what can go wrong with truncating and how to debug? Obviously
user can' t get any real feedback about the result of truncate jobs: how many
tiles were planned to be deleted and if the result was success or not.

GWC is an integrated one and not the newest: GeoWebCache version
1.4-M20130509a, build 05467ecca1592aa9b2dafc1f4aa5845650feea21

-Jukka Rahkonen-