I am in the process of deploying a newly installed (geo)server, and have
hit an odd problem.  The new system is a complete refresh (OS,
postgreSQL, Java, Tomcat, ...), but I don't think most of these changes
are relevant.  The old system is running geoServer 2.4.2, and the new
one uses 2.5.2.  Both have identical layer and style definitions
configured, and otherwise have similar setups.  When I pull a specific
PNG based tile from the old system the size is about half that from the
new system with the exact same query/result. Does anyone have any
suggestions on places to check to find why there is such a notable
difference in the results?

Thanks - Tom