Hi,

You can adjust the tolerance with vendor option ”buffer”
http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/services/wms/vendor.html. However, the
latest Geoserver versions should know the actual size and shape of icons. Which
version you have?

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Ismail, Mark wrote:

I am using openlayers 2 and issuing a WMSGetFeatureInfo request to geoserver

It works fine but It is far to sensitive to where you click – if you don’t get
right in the centre of a point or icon it finds nothing, it can take 2 or 3
attempts to get a response even if clicking carefully and zoomed in

Is there any way to make that click “less sensitive” so it will pick up the
closest point  to the mouse click ?

I know this isn’t strictly a geoserver issue but I’ve found nothing useful on
the openlayers forums

Mark Ismail
Principal IT Officer
Tel: 0151 443 3021
Knowsley Council  •  Westmorland Road  • Huyton • L36 9GL

Save time – use the IT Service Desk Self Serve<http://kmbcselfservice/>
Application

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential. It may contain privileged
information and is intended for the named recipient(s) only. It must not be
distributed without consent. If you are not one of the intended recipients,
please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose, distribute, or retain
this email or any part of it and do not take any action based on it.

Unless expressly stated, opinions in this email are those of the individual
sender, and not of Knowsley MBC. Legally binding obligations can only be
created for, or be entered into on behalf of, Knowsley MBC by duly authorised
officers or representatives.

Knowsley MBC excludes any liability whatsoever for any offence caused, any
direct or consequential loss arising from the use, or reliance on, this e-mail
or its contents. We believe but do not warrant that this e-mail and any
attachments are virus free. You must therefore take full responsibility for
virus checking and no responsibility is accepted for loss or damage arising
from viruses or changes made to this message after it was sent. Knowsley MBC
reserves the right to monitor and/or record all e-mail communications through
its network in accordance with relevant legislation.