Hi Niels,

Thanks for this answer. I guess what I am really asking is if it is
possible to extend the list of properties in the ResourceInfo object? Then
associate this with a metadata field as described.

A simple example would be to add a text property named "purpose".

I tried adding this to the featuretype.xml file for a layer, but it just
disappears the next time I save the layer information from GeoServer.

Maybe there is a way to hook this with metadataLinks[?].content?

Regards,
Roger