I have a layer of "lines" that I show on a map using WMS.
The map is used inside items and an item is something with a relation to
the properties of the lines (features), say the feature has a property
county and the map inside item X should display every line but mark the
lines inside county X.
My task is to show the map with an extent that contains lines inside
county X, not the max extent of all lines.

I wondered what is the best strategy.

My ideas:

1. First I get the extent of the lines filtered by county=X and I use
the resulting bbox in a getMap

2. I use some function that changes the extent of the result of the
getMap call inside the sld (I don't know if thi is possible)

3. other

Thank you

   maxx