Glad you got it to work, this is the geoserver-users list and the
volunteers here are not in position to support "downstream" extensions such
as used in OpenGeo Suite.

My understanding is the MongoDB datastore has a couple ways you can
configure it (supplying your own feature type definition is most efficient,
but there is a fallback plan to do something if configuration is not
provided).
--
Jody