Hi there,
I'm trying to get an Elasticsearch geotools datasource (
https://github.com/peterneubauer/elasticgeo ) up and running, with good
success so far. However, if I define a workspace cite, and a Layer
(containing spatial indexed Elasticsearch items in an index) called
mapimage, I get something like

http://localhost:8080/geoserver/cite/ows?service=WFS&version=1.0.0&request=GetFeature&typeName=cite:mapimage&maxFeatures=50

ServiceExceptionReport version="1.2.0" xsi:schemaLocation="
http://www.opengis.net/ogc
http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.0.0/OGC-exception.xsd"; hola_ext_inject="
inited" xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/ogc"; xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>
<ServiceException>
Error occurred getting featuresSchema '
http://www.opengeospatial.net/cite:mapimage' does not exist.
</ServiceException>
</ServiceExceptionReport>

So, question is:

Since
http://localhost:8080/geoserver/cite/ows?service=WFS&version=1.0.0&request=DescribeFeatureType&featureName=cite:mapimage
works and gives me

<xsd:schema elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="
http://www.opengeospatial.net/cite"; hola_ext_inject="inited"xmlns:cite="
http://www.opengeospatial.net/cite"; xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml";
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";>
<xsd:import namespace="http://www.opengis.net/gml"; schemaLocation="
http://localhost:8080/geoserver/schemas/gml/2.1.2/feature.xsd"/>
<xsd:complexType name="mapimageType">
<xsd:complexContent>
<xsd:extension base="gml:AbstractFeatureType">
<xsd:sequence>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="project" nillable="true" type
="xsd:string"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="username" nillable="true"
type="xsd:string"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="user_uuid" nillable="true"
type="xsd:string"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="ca" nillable="true" type="
xsd:double"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="user_key" nillable="true"
type="xsd:string"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="hidden" nillable="true" type
="xsd:boolean"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="l" nillable="true" type="
gml:PointPropertyType"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="key" nillable="true" type="
xsd:string"/>
</xsd:sequence>
</xsd:extension>
</xsd:complexContent>
</xsd:complexType>
<xsd:element name="mapimage" substitutionGroup="gml:_Feature" type="
cite:mapimageType"/>
</xsd:schema>

How do I have to define a custom namespace for a new workspace, and where
to I have to put the xsd file so the featuresSchema can be found and served
by Geoserver? I have a hard time finding documentation around it.

Thanks for any help, would be cool to get that running!

/peter