As per other email, please add your experience to
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOS-6059 .

Some quick fixes:
- If you are on windows ensure that your hosts file is configured correctly
(for any tests involving localhost)
- If you are hiding behind a proxy be sure to adjust the base url setting

The common thread here is that GeoServer needs to be able to "detect" when
Transaction request document references a schema defined by
DescribeFeatureType. It needs to be sure to resolve that "internally"
rather than via HTTP.

--
Jody Garnett