In a recent question at gis.stackexchange.com one of the users asked the
following question:

Is there any way to identify user within execute() method of a GeoServer
process?
After processing of data within WPS I want to place the result in a folder with
a name that corresponds to username, then to send the user URL to access it. To
do that, I need a mechanism to determine username within execute() method of my
process class. How to do that?

I suggested said I would start researching this issue by turning on extended
logging on geoserver. Then use grep (linux) for the actual request from the log
and see which user name is associated with the request. If it is the user is
home free and can start finding out how to implement a solution using python or
other scripting languages to do this programmatically.

I am wondering if there are other ways of doing this? I am not even sure if my
rather "hacky" approach will solve the challenge. If anyone has the answer I
will be more than happy to forward the info to the user. The address for the
question is:

http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/132071/is-there-any-way-to-identify-user-within-execute-method-of-a-geoserver-process

Ragnvald