I am trying to use gsConfig (0.6.11/master) and Python 3 (upgraded using 2to3
and a correction to the setup.py) to manage my GeoServer (2.5.2).

I have used the following to get access to server, workspace and data store:

    catalog = Catalog('http://myserver:8080/geoserver/rest')

    workspace = catalog.get_workspace('myworkspace')

    data_store = catalog.get_store('mystore', workspace)

This seem to go well. My store is a PostGIS store and contains a view called
myview. I want to create a new layer based on myview and make the following
call:

    ft = catalog.publish_featuretype('myview', data_store, 'EPSG:4326',
srs='EPSG:4326')

This fails with the following error:

geoserver.catalog.FailedRequestError: Tried to make a GET request to
http://myserver:8080/geoserver/rest/workspaces/myworkspace/datastores/mystore/featuretypes/myview.xml
 but got a 404 status code:
b'No such feature type: myworkspace,mystore,myview'

I can see the unpublished myview when I try to manually create the layer
through the geoserver web interface.

What am I doing wrong here?

Regards Casper