We've run some DB logging on the map requests.

One of the causes of the slowdown for no schema is this query:

SELECT NULL AS table_cat,
       o.owner AS table_schem,
       o.object_name AS table_name,
       o.object_type AS table_type,
       NULL AS remarks
  FROM all_objects o
  WHERE o.owner LIKE :1 ESCAPE '/'
    AND o.object_name LIKE :2 ESCAPE '/'
    AND o.object_type IN ('xxx', 'TABLE', 'VIEW', 'SYNONYM')
  ORDER BY table_type, table_schem, table_name

If no owner is specified this returns 38K rows, as opposed to about 240
when owner is given.

I'm not totally sure what this is doing, but I suspect checking for Primary
Key info?

And why is this being run on each MapRequest ?

Funnily, we have 2.6.3 running in a different setup, and it doesn't seem to
be issuing any of these queries - just the data query. I can't see any
config difference that would cause this.

Any ideas?