Hello Jacob,

We do not have any active volunteers making use of weblogic, so big secret
is to test the release candidate - you are a valued member of our team and
we need your help making each release a success.

We have had two big changes that you may be hitting:
- XSD files can no longer be loaded from file references,
to classes that have been "whitelisted"

Jukka has provided some sensible steps to start out with, I would also ask
you to manually change the logging level (in global.xml) to
VERBOSE_LOGGING.properties and then restart GeoServer.

Aside: glad you caught the note about including oracle JDBC driver,
although I am used to web logic configurations using JNDI.

Once we have you working again I would like to ask you to update the
WebLogic 8.1 documentation you found.

--
Jody Garnett