Thanks, Ferdinand. This will be helpful to other systemd users.

I have no German, so please clarify: is there a note that these
instructions are only required if the bin.zip is used, and that an
alternative is to use the war.zip and the distribution provided tomcat
instance and user? Such a note would clarify that these instructions are
*only* for those who do not wish to run tomcat and want to use the
-bin.zip and contained Jetty and so need to provide their own systemd
unit file.

Kind regards,
Ben.

Ben Caradoc-Davies <b...@transient.nz>