From: dany.geoto...@gmail.com [mailto:dany.geoto...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
Daniele Romagnoli
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2016 10:06 AM
To: Cradit, Jason <jcra...@trcsolutions.com>
Cc: Ian Turton <ijtur...@gmail.com>; geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: *****SPAM***** Re: [Geoserver-users] GDAL Install

Hi Jason,
for my experience, the best way to have the GDAL installation working on a
system which doesn't reflect the ones available on ImageIO-EXT downloads [1] is
building the native libs directly on the system, in order to avoid dependencies
and third party libraries conflicts.

Let me paste a piece of an email I have sent in the past covering the same
topic:
Linux distributions are usually "bad beasts" in terms of native libs migration
across different systems since a GDAL native build made on a system won't
probably work on a different one (Due to different sets of libstdc++, GLIBCXX,
gcc and so on available on a system with respect to another one). Therefore, we
have only prepared a set of builds for a reduced set of systems.

That said, I think that the best solution for you is to build GDAL on your
system so that it will use the set of libstdc++, GLIBCXX, ... available on your
machine.
You may find some reference instructions (They were based on a previous version
of GDAL but the steps are basically still valid) here:
https://github.com/geosolutions-it/imageio-ext/blob/master/documentation/ImageioExt-SetupGuide-1.1.odt

You can focus on chapters 3.6 (SWIG), 3.7.2 (just the main section... no
subchapters which refer to third party libs) and 3.7.3.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Daniele

[1]:http://demo.geo-solutions.it/share/github/imageio-ext/releases/1.1.X/1.1.12/native/gdal/linux/

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 4:25 PM, Cradit, Jason