Hi Paul,
We have a standalone MapFish print which isn't timing out at all at the MapFish
end, I have some requests go up to 90seconds. Any timeouts are all at the
GeoServer and/or HAProxy end (60 seconds by default). This is both MFP 1.x and
2.x. There is nothing in the config.yaml to configure timeouts.

So I wonder if a stand-alone MFP might be a solution; they're pretty easy to
setup. Timeouts for us are influenced by either the thing doing the serving
(GeoServer), or the MFP container (Tomcat).
Cheers,
Jonathan

---- On Tue, 19 Apr 2016 15:55:44 +0100 Mauro
Bartolomeoli<mauro.bartolome...@geo-solutions.it> wrote ----

Hi Paul,we use MapFish 2.1 in GeoServer 2.6 and above. The option you need for
read timeouts is probably socketTimeout. Did you try with that one?

Regards,
Mauro Bartolomeoli

 Is the GeoServer printing plugin using MapFish version 1.2 in GeoServer
version 2.6 and above because I can't find how to get it to increase the read
time for big layers.

 When reading aerial photography the MapFish component is logging a Read Time
Out error after 30 seconds even if I set the connectionTimeout option in the
YMAL and also configure both control flow and the WMS settings to 90 seconds.

 Best Regards,

 Paul Wittle
 GIS Developer
 Ext: 710 8473
 Tel: 01305 228473

 "This e-mail is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may contain
information about individuals or other sensitive information and should be
handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to
receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to
anyone else. If you have received this email in error, kindly disregard the
content of the message and notify the sender immediately. Please be aware that
all email may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with
relevant legislation."

Dott. Mauro Bartolomeoli
@mauro_bart
Senior Software Engineer

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A

fax:     +39 0584 1660272

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003
Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica e/o nel/i
file/s allegato/i sono da considerarsi strettamente riservate. Il loro utilizzo
è consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del messaggio, per le finalità
indicate nel messaggio stesso. Qualora riceviate questo messaggio senza esserne
il destinatario, Vi preghiamo cortesemente di darcene notizia via e-mail e di
procedere alla distruzione del messaggio stesso, cancellandolo dal Vostro
sistema. Conservare il messaggio stesso, divulgarlo anche in parte,
distribuirlo ad altri soggetti, copiarlo, od utilizzarlo per finalità diverse,
costituisce comportamento contrario ai principi dettati dal D.Lgs. 196/2003.

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for the
attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or
proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act (Legislative
Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection Code).Any use not in
accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution,
or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly forbidden except
previous formal approval of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail
and delete the information in this message that has been received in error. The
sender does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy
or completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes
made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of e-mail
transmission, viruses, etc.