Hi Anton,

Max and min values are not currently calculated. We made a proposal for an
implementation of this feature:
https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/wiki/GSIP-140

but we are not implementing it on the short term.

Simone Giannecchini mentioned some WPS existing process to get max and min
values. I have found the following processes, but I am not sure what they
are calculating exactly:

https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/blob/master/src/extension/wps/wps-core/src/main/java/org/geoserver/wps/gs/ClassificationStatsPPIO.java
https://github.com/geotools/geotools/blob/master/modules/unsupported/process-raster/src/main/java/org/geotools/process/raster/CoverageClassStats.java

Cheers,

César

On 4 May 2016 at 10:07, Andrea Aime <andrea.a...@geo-solutions.it> wrote:

> Hi Anton,
> you did not miss anything.
> There was a discussion on the topic in the last few months in
> geoserver-devel,
> but I don't think it moved past the talking stage, have a look at the list
> archives
>
> Cheers
> Andrea
>

> On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 9:40 AM, Anton Lundkvist <antonlundkv...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to get the statistics (min, max, mean, and stdv) of a raster in
>> GeoServer.
>>
>> I have looked at WPS and REST but no luck. The WPS does not seem to have
>> this process implemented. The REST API should be able to give me this
>> answer at the following endpoint:
>>
>> http://localhost:8080/geoserver/rest/workspaces/
>> <workspaceName>/coveragestores/<storeName>/coverages/<coverageName>.xml
>>
>> When looking at the xml at the above URL it seems that the max and min
>> values are not calculated but shows some kind of default values (see range
>> tag below):
>>
>> <dimensions>
>>    <coverageDimension>
>>       <name>GRAY_INDEX</name>
>>       <description>GridSampleDimension[-32768.0,-32768.0]</description>
>>        <range>
>>           <min>-32768.0</min>
>>            <max>-32768.0</max>
>>         </range>
>>          <nullValues>
>>              <double>-32768.0</double>
>>           </nullValues>
>>           <dimensionType>
>>                <name>SIGNED_16BITS</name>
>>            </dimensionType>
>>     </coverageDimension>
>> </dimensions>
>>
>> I've also noticed that if I manually put in the min and max value for the
>> geotiff when publishing it in GeoServer, those values show up at the REST
>> endpoint above.
>>
>> Shouldn't GeoServer calculate this automatically when uploading the
>> raster?
>>
>> Have I missed something, is there any other way of getting raster
>> statistics in GeoServer?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Anton

> ==
> GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit
> http://goo.gl/it488V for more information.
> ==
>
> Ing. Andrea Aime
> @geowolf
> Technical Lead
>
> GeoSolutions S.A.S.
> Via di Montramito 3/A
> 55054  Massarosa (LU)
> phone: +39 0584 962313
> fax: +39 0584 1660272
> mob: +39  339 8844549
>
> http://www.geo-solutions.it
> http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it
>
> *AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003*
>
> Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica e/o
> [...]

   César Martínez Izquierdo
   GIS developer
   SCOLAB: http://www.scolab.es