Hi,

While working with ImageMosaic stores, we noticed a possible regression in
the gs:Contour rendering transformation.
This regression appeared when we started working with GeoServer 2.8.2 and
seems to be also affecting version 2.9.0. Before that we were working with
GeoServer 2.7.1.1 and everything was fine.

These artefacts are visible when using the gs:Contour rendering
transformation directly from the SLD linked to the layer.
They also seem to be located on the upper left corner of generated tiles.

Here is a screenshot generated when using the gs:Contour directly from the
SLD (I added the black background to make the artefacts more visible) :

<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5271797/screenshot-area-2016-06-15-091323.png>

Here is a screenshot without the gs:Contour (no artefacts) :

<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5271797/screenshot-area-2016-06-15-091336.png>

The same layer rendered by GeoServer 2.7.1.1 does not have these artefacts.

Cyril