Hi

I am running Geoserver version 2.5 and have an Openlayers 3 web map application
which accesses some WMS and WFS services from the Geoserver instance.

At the moment I haven't configured any authentication so it is running the
default settings.

What I would like is to allow this to continue so my Openlayers application has
full access to all of the layers on Geoserver, but for anyone accessing my WMS
/ WFS (i.e through QGIS), I would like to include a username / password or
restrict the layers visible through these services.

I have had a quick look the manual trying to understand how this works but
cannot seem to grasp it - I know there are authentication settings within the
web interface, but would these not be for the whole of Geoserver? How am I able
to allow access to my Openlayers application, but also restrict access to the
WFS / WMS services for desktop users wanting to view my services?

Thanks, Chris