From: Ian Turton [mailto:ijtur...@gmail.com]
Sent: 11 August 2016 15:31
To: Paul Wittle
Cc: geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Geoserver-users] Constant 403 when trying to update feature types
using REST

Judging by the
documentation<http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/rest/api/featuretypes.html>
 if you get a 403 it thinks you are changing the name or  type of the
featuretype, so I would assume you have to send everything.

Ian

On 11 August 2016 at 12:15, Paul Wittle
Hello,

How do you update the title and abstract of a feature type using REST?

I thought it used to work but I am now getting 403 whenever I use a PUT
request. Do I have to include the full xml definition or just the elements I
want to update?

Best Regards,

Paul

"This e-mail is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may contain
information about individuals or other sensitive information and should be
handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to
receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to
anyone else. If you have received this email in error, kindly disregard the
content of the message and notify the sender immediately. Please be aware that
all email may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with
relevant legislation."

Ian Turton