From: Ian Turton [mailto:ijtur...@gmail.com]
Sent: 11. august 2016 16:23
To: Casper Børgesen (CABO)
Cc: Rahkonen Jukka (MML); geoserver-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Geoserver-users] Always return blank image on getMap requests?

On 11 August 2016 at 07:16, Casper Børgesen (CABO)
<c...@niras.dk<mailto:c...@niras.dk>> wrote:
Hi Ian and Jukka

@Ian
That is a workaround that would work, but it is a lot of retiling/overviewing
combined with returning the result 100% transparent just to make the getMap
request fast.

You need that optimisation to get any sort of speed out of the getinfo request
too - otherwise GeoServer is reading in 100s+GB to return one point each and
every time.

I think you may be better off looking at WCS or WPS as better ways of doing
this.

Ian