Hi,
Thanks for your answer Nuno. Yes, your notes correlates with my tests. I share
your opinion about how Geofence should work. On DENY mode all layers and Layer
groups should not be listed. When ALLOWing something only that should be listed.

I tested again the LIMIT rule. Now I was able to get only limited area for
layer using postgis as a data store. Found this info
https://github.com/geoserver/geofence/wiki/Main-concepts how this LIMITing
works.
Action
The Action specifies the outcome of the rule, if matched (by the filter) and
selected (according to priority).
The two main actions are ALLOW and DENY. If one of these actions is
encountered, the outcome is straightforward.
There's also the LIMIT action. Limit ing rules add constraints to the final
outcome, if it's an ALLOWaction. Constraints can be area constraints or access
mode constraints.
In order to make it clearer, here is a skeleton of the rule selection mechanism:

  1.  Given a filter, read all matching rules;
  2.  Reading the rules in the proper priority order, check:
     *   if the action is limit, collect the constraints in this rule and go on
examining the next rules
     *   if the action is deny, the request is not authorized.
     *   if the action is allow, the request is authorized; the collected
constraints, if any, shall be merged and applied.
But with these helps I was not able to publish any raster image, I only get
blank image.

Regards

Ville Jussila